I can't tell you how many posts I have in "draft" form right now (well, I can, because they are listed in my dashboard, but I'm just going to keep that dirty little secret to myself).
The last few months have been absolutely...freaking...insane. And rather than resurrect a bunch of old race reports, rants and general craziness, I'm just starting fresh.
And what's going on right now?
- Things are settling down, evening out. The planets are apparently realigning in a manner that is calming to me (and quite a few others out there in Blog-Land who appear to have been as frantic as me these last few months).
- The plantar fasciitis that I've had since March is showing no signs of abating, but is generally not getting worse so I *think* I'm OK with that. I want it to go AWAY completely, soon. I'm working on it. Right now I'm reading THIS BOOK - I read about it in the comments on another blog. Will let you know if it helps.
- I'm in Week 2 of January Marathon Training. WHOO HOO!! Making a run for it, again (tried last year then training got derailed over the holidays). Also on the running front: a 10K this weekend and another at the end of the month - the Xterra 10K on Maui the day before Xterra World Championships. Killer race (new strategy this year - will write more about that later - probably post race since I don't want to give my secrets away).
- I'm trying a new supplement line this month from BASE PERFORMANCE. It was developed by Ironman pro Chris Lieto. I hope it's the answer to training well in hot, humid weather. I like it because it is clean and will be a good supplement to the Hammer products I know and love. Will report periodically throughout the month and write a review at the end.
- Finally decided on a NEW BIKE! Ordering it this week. More on that later.