Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Missing Pictures and Random Thoughts

While running the Sugarcane 10K last Saturday, I wished my iPhone had been more convenient to grab for a couple of pictures.
  1. The incredible views - Haleakala to my left, the West Maui Mountains to my right, sugarcane tall and blowing in the light breeze.  This is my favorite time of the year - September and October - when our temps are cooler and the skies are absolutely clear and beautiful.
  2. The cherry tomato plant growing on one of the bridges - anchored in a crack between the wall and the pavement, HUGE, with about 10 ripe cherry tomatoes waiting to be picked.  Too bad I wasn't hungry.  And really, I can't say I've ever thought "Ooh, I could sure go for a cherry tomato right now," while on a run.
  3. Me, in my new purple Athleta running skirt.  I never thought it would be so much fun to get dressed up for a race.  It was kind of like the first day of school when all my clothes were new.  Silly, I know, but it still felt good!
I wore my new Nathan Elite 1 water carrier again for this race.  Seems silly for a 10K, but I really like having my HEED handy whenever I want it, and it's good practice for the upcoming 1/2 marathon.  Unfortunately, the pocket is not large enough for my iPhone, so I wrapped it in a bandana and stuck it in the gel flask holder.  That worked well for transport purposes, but not for access purposes - hence my inability to take photos during the race.  I may have to come up with something else.

I could have stopped, but I was trying too hard to maintain my pace.  Plus I didn't want to look silly.  It was a race after all!

1 comment:

  1. I really do think you are an amazing gal....Dianna over in Maui.

    ReplyDelete